Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday, June 28th

Saludos a todos...

Last night was a great experience and so I decided to write. Spain played Portugal and won in overtime in the European Cup. Most of us from the Master's program  decided to go to the Plaza Mayor in the middle of Salmanca to watch the game. If you have visited Madrid, picture La Plaza Mayor de Madrid, cut it in half and you have La Plaza Mayor de Salmanca. It looks exactly the same only smaller. There were TV screens throughout the Plaza.  The patriotism, and enthusiasm for "fútbol" was contagious. We had fun watching the game.... In fact, most of the group was featured on the front page of the newspaper, "El País." ( not me, darn!)
Sunday night they are going to show the finals in La Plaza on an enormous screen...Spain vs. yet to be determined. I decided that if I get all my studying done, I can go. I'll keep you posted...

Off to study parts of the Spanish Constituion of 1978...oh my.

Hope all is well in NC,

Regards,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment